Thursday, November 1, 2007

Princess time

We took M trick-or-treating last night. She was dressed as a princess, of course. Just her dad, me and her at first. Then later, she caught up with some of her friends who started trick-or-treating earlier in the evening. She had fun until toward the end. She had shoes on that hurt her feet, so we told her to take them off and go barefoot. Then her feet started hurting because she was barefoot and stepped on rocks and such in the road. Then she wanted her shoes back on, but took them back off again. We offered her flip flops that she had in the car, but she didn't want those. When it was time to walk back home, she plopped down on the sidewalk and whined that her feet hurt her too much. Thankfully, her dad didn't give in to her whims and carry her, like I think she wanted. He just told her to get up and start walking.

I know that M is just being a typical 8 year old child, but it is still kind of foreign to me. I don't remember whining at her age. I knew it wouldn't be tolerated by momster, so I just didn't. I remember Halloweens up north being very cold. And I remember one of my friend's mom exclaiming to me how cold my hands were as she warmed them between her two hands. I remember wondering why she's making such a fuss.

No comments: