Wednesday, January 30, 2008

When the cell phone rings....

I’ve been NC with momster for over a year now. Of course that has meant going NC with the rest of my enmeshed family, including enDad, who is 84 and not well. Thank God for caller ID. I’ve learned to just not answer when I see her name pop up on my cell phone. (It’s taking me a little longer to learn to not to feel guilty about it either.)

Just a few minutes ago, my cell rang and it said “Dad’s cell”. I didn’t answer, because momster has called me using Dad’s cell in the past, and this may just be her attempt to gain access to me. I wouldn’t mind talking to my Dad, to see how he’s doing and let him know what’s going on in my life. I haven’t spoken to him since his birthday last year, and after that, momster left me a message saying I was to “leave them all alone from now on”. I have respected that request.

This really sucks. It’s amazing how an unanswered phone call received in the middle of the day can feel like a punch in the gut. And then all the second guessing myself…Maybe I should have answered…maybe it really was Dad, and I’m abandoning him….

Well I guess he COULD leave a message if it was him. Oh crap! What was I thinking?? Of course it’s her just trying to hoover me! To answer would have been exposing myself to her abuse, and I’m not going to do that anymore!!! Vent over; Moving on!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.